"The birthing experience will always be a treasured one because she was there."
Mary Alice was by far the best investment we made during our pregnancy. She was helpful and attentive during each trimester, we could always reach her by phone, text, and email. She is warm, knowledgeable, kind, and professional. Not only was she an asset for me, she was also extremely supportive of my husband and guided him in supporting me. The birthing experience will always be a treasured one because she was there. We love you!
"I honestly don't know what we would have done without her."
Mary Alice Martin was our doula and I honestly don't know what we would have done without her. She provided guidance, reassurance and was instrumental in helping make our birth experience wonderful! We will definitely be using her for any future births. I highly recommend Mary Alice to all my friends. Thank you all so much for everything!
"Mary Alice was available via phone, text and email to answer ALL of my questions."
“Sweetheart, this is one of the best investments you made for our family,” said my husband after giving birth to our son. My husband and I selected May Alice as our Doula when I 6 months pregnant. Mary Alice was not just our Doula but an important part of my support system being a first time mom. Mary Alice was available via phone, text and email to answer ALL of my questions. She not only was very knowledgeable but had a way about her that just put my mind at ease. During labor she was the rock that my husband and I stood on. She would reassure not only me but my husband as well, in my power and ability to birth our baby.
GET A DOULA LADIES...You’ll thank me later :)
"She was absolutely essential to my labor, and I cannot recommend her enough."
Mary Alice. Enough said.
If I could tell any new mom that is scared, or nervous about giving birth to do anything, it would definitely be to hire her. She was absolutely essential to my labor, and I cannot recommend her enough.
Key points before meeting Mary Alice:
- I researched and researched birth stories. I asked friends, family members, and anyone that had a baby what it was like. Why? Because I was terrified!
- I decided at 33 weeks (late, I know) that I did not think I could go through the birthing process on my own. I wanted someone that would keep me calm, focused, and comforted. (Enter Mary Alice!)
- I went into labor 5 weeks early (uh oh). I hesitantly called Mary Alice and told her that I was in labor. She seemed surprised but let me know she would be there right away. And she was!
- Right when Mary Alice got there she was great! She got me all my essentials and made sure I was comfortable. She immediately spoke to my nurse, and explained anything that I didn't understand.
- My contractions got stronger at one point, and Mary Alice talked me through it. She even went over all the options with my epidural.
- I had no idea that the nurses spent so much time outside of the room, the doctor doesn't come in until you are almost ready to have the baby, and sometimes the birthing process was just a waiting game. I had so many questions that I wanted to ask! Thank goodness Mary Alice happily answered them all (there were a lot)
- There was a point when my husband got queasy and had to sit down. Unfortunately, this was at a very pivotal point in my labor (I was so close!) My doula never left my side, and continued to be a great support system to me. This overwhelming support, and care continued even when I was tired and wanted to give in.
- 9 hours later. Exhausted mom. Queasy Dad. Freaked out sister! Fantastic Doula! And one happy newborn!
Labor is a stressful experience. I was lucky enough to have someone there that made it easy, and I am forever grateful to her. Thank you, Mary Alice.
"a unique and refreshing blend of professionalism and personality"
I chose Mary Alice to be my doula for the birth of my first child, and I am so thankful that I did. From our first meeting, I knew Mary Alice was going to be a great fit for my husband and me. She is a unique and refreshing blend of professionalism and personality. As far as labor, she was 100% essential to my natural birth - we truly could not have done it without her. She offered amazing contraction coaching, massaging and body position recommendations and acted quickly to help remedy my nausea. My husband was very involved during the labor and did not feel like Mary Alice was taking his place. She was there to support the both of us. Should we decide to have another child, we will definitely use her again.
"I absolutely would not have been able to do this without her support."
I cannot recommend our birth doula, Mary Alice, enough. She was amazing and helped support me and my husband during my delivery of our first child, which I managed to do without any interventions or pain medication. I absolutely would not have been able to do this without her support. She was invaluable to my husband, who felt so much more secure and calm with her there. And having someone you're familiar with there with you in the hospital made me feel much more at ease during our time there.
Mary Alice Martin was my wonderful doula. I am writing this review because I booked her due to other positive online reviews! She was absolutely amazing! As a first time mom and my husband as a first time father, we didn't know what we were doing. With Mary Alice, I was able to completely achieve my birth goals. We met three times before the birth and went over everything. She was available by text whenever I had a silly or serious pregnancy question. She was there for me physically, pushing on my hips (I had back labor) for counter pressure through every single contraction for 18 hours of labor (!!!). She was there emotionally, encouraging me through the most exhausting yet exciting time of my life. She is so down to earth and will support you no matter what birth you want! She was the best!